For every medical visit, please bring:
- List of your current medications (including prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, etc.)
- List of allergies (drug, environmental, food, etc.)
- Personal and family medical history
- ID (like a drivers license, passport, etc.)
- Insurance card
If you do not have the physical insurance card, you can bring a picture of both the front and back sides of the card. Most insurance companies can email you a picture of the card or it can often be accessed through the insurance company’s smartphone app or website.
Many offices (including ours) require registration paperwork to be completed online before your visit. If you have any questions regarding this, please send us an email.
Important details to include:
- When did you first notice the condition?
- Is it improving, worsening, or waxing and waning with time?
- For conditions that change with time, please take photos and bring them in if you can
- Before the condition began, were there any potential triggers (like use of a new soap, clothing detergent, make-up or creams, recent cold/flu, recent travel, etc.)?
- Does the affected skin itch, hurt, or bleed?
- Have you tried any treatments (over-the-counter or prescription)? If so, what are the names and active ingredients of these treatments?
- If you have seen a prior doctor for this condition, please request a copy of your medical records to be sent in advance of your appointment
For all dermatology visits, please come prepared with as much history, timeline, and details of your condition as possible.
Skin conditions (like many medical conditions), can change with time. Please let us know if your condition significantly changes after your visit. Sometimes different conditions can look identical early on and only by closely following it over time can it be fully distinguished and diagnosed. Please always follow up.
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. We (DK Dermatology PLLC) make no representation and assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this website and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.